Thursday, May 27, 2010

Game 47: Daniel Ray Herrera stars in "My Left Arm"

According to The Enquirer there were two big at bats in last night's game. The second hitter of the game (after a prone-to-giving-up-big-first-innings Arroyo walked the lead-off guy) who hit into a double play, and Garrett Jones striking out with the bases loaded in the 8th. Arroyo went 7 plus and Massett let two guys on without recording an out to load the bases. In comes Rhodes to shut it down, right? Nope. Daniel Ray Herrera got the call (turns out Rhodes was not available last night). Jones hit the first pitch, a 65 m.p.h. something or other) a mile, but foul. That's cool, though; that's what Herrera does, he gets guys way out in front. Herrera ultimately struck out Jones to preserve the shut-out through eight. Curiously, with the score at 4-0 (Heisey hit a pinch-hit home run in the bottom of the eighth) Dusty went to Cordero, who's already over worked. Maybe he warmed him up so thought he'd bring him in anyway.

But I'm burying the lead here. The big news: this was Bark in the Park night and Scout continued his string of attending every Bark in the Park night they've had at GABP. As usual, he had a great time, as did his owners. I'm pretty sure the Reds have won every time he's been, but I'd have to check the archives to be sure. Anyway, I also continued my streak of winning every time I go and don't sit in my seats. I'm now 6-4 on the year.

No comments: