Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm back ... with trade news

I was on vacation last week and didn't get to post, but I did make a trade. The Blue Sox acquired CC Sabathia in exchange for Brad Penny, Clay Buchholz, and Greg Halman. Both Buchholz and Halman are minor leaguers and Penny was .30 in the bgal (A.L. only). I hated to give up on Buchholz, but it's not clear that he was ever going to get a chance this year with Penny throwing better and Smoltz rehabbing. Throwing in Penny gets me out of the Boston rotation completely. (Now if I could only settle the Wang/Huges problem.) Through some trades, I now have CC, Beckett, Lackey, and Slowey, all their respective team's ace. Hopefully, I can have a decent second half, as I'm next to last in team era, coming in just under 5.00.

I also picked-up recently droppend Andy Sonnenstine for Brandon McCarthy, who went on the D/L. Sonny got me a win right away. I'm expecting him to improve in the second half, unless he loses his roster spot to Kazmir who is rehabbing.

Let me know what you think of the trade. (I should add that CC is $10.10, so I probably won't keep him next year.)

I promise that I will get a recap of the AT backpacking trip up soon, and some Reds stuff.

No comments: