Friday, September 18, 2009

Fantasy football

If you read this blog, you know I'm a fantasy baseball guy, but I don't do fantasy football. Here's a short story to explain why. For the last couple of years, I've been in a football pool that is kind of like a king of the hill pool. Every week, I have to pick one winner. I can pick any team I want and can pick any team as many times as I want throughout the year. The only rule: you're team has to win. They win, you move on; they lose, you're out. Last person standing wins. Some years, the pool is over in week 15. Other years, we need the playoffs and tiebreakers. One year (I think it was last year) I went out in the first week.

Oh yeah, there is a second rule: you have to actually pick a team, which I forgot to do in week one. Fortunately, a friend had my back so I'm still in. (Ah, the magic that is Tom Brady.) This week, I've got the Washington Redskins. The one rule that I've implemented is don't pick for or against the Bungles.

Anyway, if you can't remember to pick one team, how can you manage a fantasy team.

No comments: