Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bgal has exciting finish

Saturday night I posted on my facebook page that I didn't see any reasonably likely scenario that would put me in the money. I was right; Ryan Raburn hitting two home runs on Sunday and the Twins forcing a playoff were not reasonably likely. On Sunday, Alex Gordon hit a home run that was about to put me in a tie for third, one home run away from a tie for second, when Jed Lowrie (at almost the same minute) did something else unlikely; he hit his first career grand slam. That kept me out of third, but I had a second wind, the Tuesday night playoff. I added Laird, Santiago, and Thames (dropping Hairston, Wigginton, and I-Rod) on Monday night. All I needed was two home runs and I'd skip from 5th to tied for 2nd. Alas, it was not to be. My additions went 1-10, and none of my guys homered. But it was a great season. I'm looking forward to some time off and then I'll be following the prospects in the AFL. And it will be nice to watch the playoffs without worrying about my fantasy teams.

By the way, Brandon Inge's rbi in the 9th moved the Smokin' Guns into a tie for 3rd with the Water Buffaloes.

No comments: