On a recent Facebook status update I said all I wanted for Christmas was season 8 of The Gilmore Girls. Although more than what I asked for last year (thanks Amy) it's still not my complete list. So without further ado, here's this year's list, by category:
Things that don't exist
* Season 8 of The Gilmore Girls;
* Nice sunglasses that fit my head;
* East Dillon Lions t-shirt; and
* King size bed skirt with only a 12" drop.
Things (both) people shopping for me have no control over
* Music City Bowl win for the Cats;
* Emmy nomination for Zach Gilford;
* A satisfying ending to "Lost";
* Break-out years from Bruce and Stubbs; and
* A Bengals home playoff game.
Things I know have already been purchased
* Ford County by John Grisham.
* 32" HD t.v. for the bedroom; and
* Bronson to stay a Red.
Things that are more likely
* Books from the Best American writing series, best short stories, best mystery stories, or best non-required reading;
* New Robert B. Parker books, The Professional (Spenser) or Night and Day (Jesse Stone);
* The four missing songs from Elton John's 1976 double album Blue Moves which were left off the cd but are now available on i-tunes, Cage the Songbird, Shoulder Holster, The Wide-Eyed and Laughing, and Where's the Shoorah?;
* King size bed skirt with a 12" drop (my Mother-in-law is working on making this one);
* Some sort of Bengals jacket that's good for layering, is very simple, and is XL;
* A good trail guide, map, or book about hiking the Appalachian Trail (I do mean hiking the actual trail -- this is not a euphemism);
* Dinner at the Waterfront; and
* Anything about baseball, real or fantasy.
Mike Mussina, Hall of Famer
4 weeks ago