Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas list

My wife asked me for my Christmas list the other day and the only thing I could think of was that I want someone to show me how to fix my blog so that if anyone ever comments, it will alert me by e-mail. I also would like to know how to put a link in a post. You know how when you read an article and it mentions someone's name you can always click on it and be linked to something (like a Wikipedia entry)? Wouldn't that be cool? Anyway, a blogger I know (ukfootballfan.blogspot.com) (see, wouldn't it be cool if that showed up as a link to click on?) wants to know how to "download" (he used the word "get" -- no wonder he doesn't know what he's doing) pictures from other websites onto his blog. So that's three things I want for Christmas. Oh, plus I want an authentic fitted Reds hat, all red, size 7 1/2. I know, a big mellon. I promise to take the tag and stickers off to prove I'm old.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Z -- I love you, but why do you claim yourself as a Reds fan? Haven't you heard? CINCINNATI DOESN'T HAVE ANY PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAMS!!! The Bungles are the worst franchise in sports, and the Reds will continue to wallow in self-pity (not to mention 5th place in the NL Central), claiming that they don't have the money to spend that the big boys do. You know what? Neither do the Rays, Rockies, Cardinals, D'backs, Brewers, and the list goes on. The Bungholes and Reds refuse to make a real commitment to winning, and therefore will continue to be the doormats of their respective sports. Cincinnati is the black hole of "professional" sports. I suggest you find something, other than the woeful Reds, to occupy your time and your mind this winter. Maybe start a fantasy minor-league hockey league, since the Cyclones won it all last year.

Dave Zahniser said...

Great Cyclones reference but, alas, I'm a baseball guy and always follow the local squad. Call me naive, but I hold-out hope for the Castelline regime and am counting on Jockety to do something to get us out of the Sub-central. Maybe this winter is a good test of how the Reds intend to proceed for the rest of the decade. And just in case they're reading, I need my thought out there.

Anonymous said...

Joe (if that is your real name), I agree with you on the Bengals but the Reds are a different story. Yeah they haven't been good for a while but there are a lot of young pieces in place and they have a gm who has won a world series title and clearly knows what he's doing. They also have an owner who has shown he'll spend money, even if it's not in the right way. Get off of your Boston high horse.

Dave Zahniser said...

Is that two B's?

Anonymous said...

One.

Anonymous said...

B-A-B-A-R, that's two B's.