Friday, April 23, 2010

Game 16

We finally made it to another game last night not having been since game 2. Mike Leake looked great last night if you don't count the two two-run homers he gave up. The second was particularly bad, a pinch-hit home run to Garrett Anderson after the Reds had just taken the lead. But the Reds tore up the Dodgers' bullpen in the 7th, scoring four runs to re-take the lead 8-5. They won, taking 2 of 3 from the Dodgers and inching toward .500. At 7-9 and a weekend series coming up with the Padres, hopefully the Reds will be at .500 by Monday.

The Reds have struggled this season so far and I've struggled with how to write it up on the blog. Here's what I've come up with: it's too early to panic, but Dusty has to go. I'm formulating my argument and will post as soon as I'm sure what I want to say.

No comments: