Tuesday, April 6, 2010

League of Nations draft re-cap

I wasn't too thrilled with my bgal team and the jury is still out on the Colonial League draft (a re-cap to come), but I was thrilled with my League of Nations team, The East Dillon Lions.

League of Nations is a Yahoo! league, which is head-to-head, not roto. We have 21 categories including things like net steals and OPS for hitters and holds and on-base percentage against for pitchers. I did the best I could putting the categories into BP's Player Forecast Manager and used the results to pre-rank my players for the draft. The Yahoo! computer draft page is really nice. It allows you to toggle back and forth between the Yahoo! rankings and your own rankings. We did our draft by computer, although it was still live -- some guys used the computer to draft, others followed along and made each pick.

We can make daily moves, so you have to have a good mix of relief and starting pitchers so you can have as close to a full staff as possible everyday, and you need good position eligibility flexibility for the same reason.

Anyway, here's how I ended up:

C Joe Mauer
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Martin Prado
SS Asdrubal Cabrera
OF Andre Ethier
OF Shane Victorino
OF Michael Cuddyer
Utl Miguel Tejada

Bench: Juan Rivera
Chris Iannetta

SP: Josh Beckett
SP: John Lester
RP: Mariano Rivera
RP: Trevor Hoffman
P: John Lackey
P: Max Scherzer
P: Rich Harden
P: David Price

Bench: Joba Chamberlain
Ryan Madson
Chris Perez (since dropped for Brandon League -- remebmer we use holds)

No comments: