Thursday, February 12, 2009

Benjamin Button

I was surprised how much I enjoyed Benjamin Button. I had heard that it was like Forrest Gump, which I thought was just okay (not Oscar-worthy). Although the two films share some similar features, I thought Button was more serious and more interesting. But I would still rank it behind Slumdog and Milk for the Oscar. I would put it ahead of The Reader, which I did not like as much as the other Kate Winslett movie, Revolutionary Road. I still haven't seen Frost/Nixon. I'm sure it's good, but I have had trouble getting excited about it.

On a side note, whoever made Brad Pitt look as young as he did in Button should get the Oscar, but more importantly should open a shop in L.A. and cater to older actors. Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone has a man crush on BP...